Table of Contents
• Information We Collect
• Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information
• Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information
• Your Rights and Choices
• International Data Transfers
• Other Websites, Mobile Applications, and Services
• Data Retention
• Other Terms and Conditions
• Contacting BOiiNG
• Important Information for California Residents
Information We Collect:
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect the following Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below:
Personal Data That You Provide Through the Services: We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you register for or use our Services. This information may include:
• Contact data, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, and phone number.
• Profile data, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, your photograph, interests, brand preferences, clothing and shoe size.
• Education information, such as your college and year of graduation.
• Demographic information, such as your postal code, gender, and age.
• Your content, such as text, images, audio, and video, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
• Transaction data, such as information about payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased through the Services.
• Communications, such as your questions, feedback, or correspondence that you send us.
• Financial data, such as financial account numbers, payment card information, details regarding payments you make through the Services, and your billing address.
• Identity data, such as a national identification number (e.g., Social Security Number or tax identification number), state or local identification number (e.g., driver’s license or state ID number), and an image of the relevant identification card.
• Usage data, such as information about how you use the Services and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Services.
• Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications from us, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means: We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Services. The information that may be automatically collected includes:
• Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID, Apple ID for Advertising, or other identifier that we may generate), browser type, screen resolution, IP address.
• Online activity data, such as the website you visited before browsing to our website, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and information about your use of and actions on the Services, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access.
Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications.
On our webpages, this information is collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), Flash-based LSOs (also known as “Flash cookies”), web beacons, and similar technologies, and our emails may also contain web beacons. In our mobile application, we may collect this information directly or through our use of third-party software development kits (“SDKs”). SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly through our mobile application.
A “cookie” is a piece of information that the computer that hosts our Services gives to your browser when you access the Services. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the Services and help us analyze Services usage more accurately. For instance, our Services may set a cookie on your browser that allows you to access the Services without needing to remember and then enter a password more than once during a visit to the Services. Browser web storage or LSOs are used for similar purposes as cookies. “Web beacons” are small, invisible graphic images that may be used on the Services or in emails relating to the Services to collect certain personally non-identifiable information and monitor user activity on the Services, such as to count visits, understand usage effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon or whether certain content was viewed. A SDK is third-party computer code that we may incorporate into our mobile applications that may be used for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of our mobile applications, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our app, or to facilitate online advertising.
We may also use Flash LSO on our website to collect and store information about your use of our website. Unlike cookies, Flash LSOs cannot be removed or rejected via your browser settings. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer or mobile device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of Flash applications that we may use in connection with our website.
On most web browsers, you will find a "help" section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. We recommend that you leave cookies turned on because they allow you to take advantage of some of the Services features.
Information we obtain from Third Party Services:
One of the special features of the Service is that it allows you to enable various online third party services, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, and other social media and networking services and, payment service providers etc. (“Third Party Services”), to be directly integrated into your BOiiNG experience. To take advantage of this feature, you must establish a connection between your BOiiNG account and your account with the relevant Third Party Services. In some cases, you may be able to establish an account with BOiiNG using your login credentials with a Third Party Service.
Information we obtain from other third parties:
We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources. For example, a business partner may share your contact information with us if you have expressed interest in learning specifically about our products or services, or the types of products or services we offer. We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners, publicly-available sources and data providers.
Data About Others: Users of the Service may have the opportunity to refer friends or other contacts to us and share their contact information with us. Please do not refer someone to us or share their contact information with us unless you have their permission to do so.
Our Use of Your Personal Data and Other Information:
Service Delivery. We use your personal information to:
• provide, operate and improve the Services
• provide information about our products and services
• establish and maintain your user profile on the Services
• process and fulfill orders, such as by processing payments and facilitating the fulfillment of orders
• facilitate your to login to the Services via third-party identity and access management providers, such as Facebook and Google
• enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in
• provide social features of the Service, such as by enabling users to establish connections with other users of the Services; enabling users to like, comment on, and share user content; and displaying certain user activity in an activity feed
• communicate with you about the Services, including by sending you announce
• ments, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
• communicate with you about events or contests in which you participate
• understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Services and our communications
• provide support and maintenance for the Services
• to respond to your requests, questions and feedback
Research and Development. We analyze use of the Services to analyze and improve the Services and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Services.
Marketing. We may send you BOiiNG-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the “Opt out of marketing communications” section below.
Advertising. We work with advertising partners to display online advertisements. These advertisements are delivered by our advertising partners and may be targeted based on your use of the Services or your activity elsewhere online. To learn more about your choices in connection with advertisements, please see the section below titled “Targeted online advertising”.
Compliance and Operations. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (c) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing or omitting information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and promote our business.
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information:
• Business Transferees: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event (or any such potential event), Personal Data may be disclosed as part of the transferred assets.
• Service Related Third Parties: BOiiNG, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies or individuals to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include maintaining databases, identity verification, fraud monitoring, processing credit card payments etc. When we employ another person to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function (for example, providing our credit card payment provider with your credit card information to process payments on our behalf).
• Third Party Services. If you have enabled features or functionality that connect the Services to a third-party platform or social media network (such as by logging in to the Services using Third Party Services, or otherwise linking your account with the Services to certain Third Party Services, we may disclose the personal information that you authorized us to share. We do not control the third party’s use of your personal information.
• Sellers. When you make a purchase from a user of the Services, we will disclose Personal Data, such as your username and the shipping address you provide, to that user to enable the fulfillment of your order.
• Other Users of the Service and the Public. We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose personal information to other users of the Services or the public. For instance, you may be able to maintain a user profile with information about yourself that you can make available to other users or the public. You may also be able to submit content to the Services (such as comments, blogs, and photos), and we will display your username, and a link to your user profile along with the content you submit. If you include any Personal Data or other information in a product listing or any other content that you upload to the Services, we have the right to publish that listing and other content (including without limitation any Personal Data or other information including in the listing) in connection with the operation of the Service or any other products or services of BOiiNG, or the promotion, advertising or marketing thereof (including publishing that listing and other content on the Internet or on Third Party Services such as Facebook, sharing it with blogs, etc.). Users have the ability as part of the Services to share your listings with others. We do not control how other users or third parties use any Personal Data that you make available to other users or the public.
• Professional Advisors: We may disclose your Personal Data with our financial, insurance, legal, accounting or other advisors that provide professional services to us, in connection with the professional services that they provide to us.
• Authorities and others: BOiiNG may disclose your Personal Data to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of BOiiNG or others, including by making and defending legal claims, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity.
• With Your Consent: We may share your Personal Data if we have your consent.
Your Rights and Choices:
• Access or Update Your Information: If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain Personal Data in your account profile by logging into the account.
Applicable law in some countries may provide a right for you to request access to your personal information in the possession and control of BOiiNG. To do so, please contact us using the contact information provided in the “Contacting BOiiNG” section below. The written request must provide sufficient detail to allow BOiiNG to identify the personal information being sought. Unless exempted by law, BOiiNG will provide you with access to your personal information within BOiiNG’s possession and control. BOiiNG may request specific information from you to enable it to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal information that BOiiNG holds about you. BOiiNG may charge you a fee to access your personal information: however, it will advise you of any fee in advance. ln some cases, BOiiNG may not be able to provide access to your personal information. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require BOiiNG to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that it holds about you. Additionally, your personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with BOiiNG's record retention obligations and practices. In the event BOiiNG cannot provide you with access to your personal information, it will advise you of the reasons why the personal information cannot he provided and will provide the name, title and contact information of the individual who can discuss the reasons for the refusal. In some circumstances BOiiNG may not agree with your request to change your personal information and will instead append an alternate text to the record in question. We will advise you when this occurs.
• Withdraw Consent: You may withdraw consent you have provided to us by contacting us via the contact information provided in the “Contacting BOiiNG” section below. By withdrawing your consent, you acknowledge that you may not be able to use certain Services or access certain information.
• Opt out of marketing communications: You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
• Delete Your Account: You may request that we delete your account, and any information associated with your account, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to retain this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements).
• Targeted online advertising. Some of the business partners that collect information about users’ activities on or through the Services may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior or mobile application usage for purposes of targeted advertising.
If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
• Third Party Services: If you choose to connect to the Services via a third-party platform or social media network, you may have the ability to limit the information that we may obtain from the third-party when you first connect to the Services using the third-party’s authentication service or otherwise connect your account. Subsequently, you may be able to control your settings through the third-party’s platform or service. For example, you may access and change your settings through the Facebook for Apps and Websites. If you withdraw our ability to access certain information from a third-party platform or social media network, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third-party.
International Data Transfers:
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country. We may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
BOiiNG does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any Personal Data through the Services. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
Other Websites, Mobile Applications, and Services:
BOiiNG employs organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet, email or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free, so you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us in this way.
Other Terms and Conditions:
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to the BOiiNG Terms of Service located at https://boiing.com/terms and such other terms and conditions agreed upon between you and BOiiNG.
BOiiNG Australia PTY LTD
If you have unresolved concerns or complaints regarding the handling of your Personal Data, you have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
Important Information for California Residents:
This section applies only to California residents. It describes how we collect, use and share Personal Information of California residents in operating our business, and their rights with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA.
Your California privacy rights. As a California resident, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
• Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
o The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
o The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
o The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
o The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
o Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
o Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
• Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
• Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
• Opt-out of sales. If we sell your Personal Information, you can opt-out. In addition, if you direct us not to sell your Personal Information, we will consider it a request pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law to stop sharing your personal information covered by that law with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
• Opt-in If we know that you are younger than 16 years old, we will ask for your permission (or if you are younger than 13 years old, your parent’s or guardian’s permission) to sell your Personal Information before we do so.
• Non-discrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination. This means that we will not penalize you for exercising your rights by taking actions such as denying you services; increasing the price/rate of services; decreasing service quality; or suggesting that we may penalize you as described above for exercising your rights.
Under California Civil Code section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us via email at email@example.com or via postal mail at 203 Redwood Shores Pkwy, 8th Floor, Redwood City, CA 94065. You must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in your request and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We are not responsible for notices that are not labelled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
How to exercise your rights
You may exercise your California privacy rights described above as follows:
• Right to opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information. We do not sell your Personal Information in the conventional sense (i.e., for money). However, like many companies, we use services that, for example, help deliver interest-based ads to you. California law classifies our use of these services as a “sale” of your Personal Information to the companies that provide the services. This is because we allow them to collect information from our website users (e.g., online identifiers and browsing activity) so they can help serve ads more likely to interest you. You can request to opt-out out of this “sale” of your personal information
• Verification We reserve the right to confirm your California residency to process your requests and will need to confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. Government identification may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.